This course identifies health implications of bad practice and looks at loads and individual considerations required while moving and handling. This course will be tailored to the needs of the establishment.
Who should attend?
All employees, especially supervisors and managers, in the workplace should attend this course. In addition, we recommend that all employers consider training in moving, handling and lifting as part of each new employee's induction procedure.
What you will learn?
The course covers how to move objects safely, in order to reduce the likelihood of severe injury to those concerned.
- Relevant Health & Safety law in connection with the manual handling of loads in the workplace.
- Spinal anatomy, relevant structure and function.
- Causation of injury and the cost of poor Manual Handling in the workplace.
- Assessing the risks and planning.
- Basic lifting positions and movements leading to more complex moves including moving and lifting of objects.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Understand relevant Health & Safety requirements related to the moving, handling, and lifting of loads.
- Identify the importance of function, structure and limitations of the human body.
- Identify the most common reasons for back pain/injury in the workplace.
- Assess and plan the handling process correctly in the workplace.
Ongoing assessment will take place throughout the course. On Successful completion of the course the student will be awarded a Moving, Handling & Lifting certificate valid for 3 years endorsed by First Class First Aid.
|Per session of up to 12 delegates||£345.00+vat per session||Cost includes all materials, certificates and a personal reference manual.|