An Ofqual accredited/regulated level 3 course of 12 hours duration, which aims to suit the requirements of all those involved in the care of young children and babies. Typically, those in any school, childminding or playgroup setting are most likely to take this course of training.
Who should attend?
Paediatric First Aid is a 12 hour training course especially designed for carers of young children in any environment. It is specifically relevant for school, pre-school and nursery staff, parents and play leaders. In addition, any parent would be advised to attend this course.
What you will learn?
The course meets the requirements of OFSTED for Pre School staff. This course can also be certificated as a regulated qualification.
- Aims and principles of first aid.
- What to do in an emergency.
- Recognition of emergency illness.
- Asphyxia - care of a choking casualty.
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) infant/child/adult.
- Assessment and treatment bleeding and shock.
- Assessment and treatment of fractures.
- Assessment and treatment of burns and scalds.
- Understanding a range of childhood illnesses to include Meningitis, Sickle Cell, Croup and Febrile Convulsions.
- Dressings & bandages.
- Maintaining the first aid box and completion of accident records & paperwork.
- AED awareness training.
A course of 2 Days/12 hours duration
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Give emergency First Aid to an injured person until medical assistance arrives.
- Recognise and appropriately treat most emergency situations.
- Carry out the duties of an Appointed Person as specified within the First Aid Regulations 1981.
Ongoing assessment will take place throughout the course which may include a final multiple choice question paper. On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a recognised certificate in "Paediatric First Aid" which is valid for three years from the date of issue.
|Per Delegate||£150.00+vat||Costs are per delegate and include a personal reference manual & certification fees.|
|3 - 8 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation|
|9 - 12 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation|
2 or Less Delegates
Annual Skills Update Training is recommended by the HSE every 12 months for all qualified first aiders in order so that they remain competent within the validity of their qualification. This is to prevent skills fade which is in addition to their original course of training.
Click To Return to List of Courses