This course is ideal for schools where a nominated person is required to take charge in the event of illness or accident in the school environment.
Who should attend?
A person nominated to provide "Emergency" first aid in a school and/or to assist a fully qualified first aider should they be required.
What you will learn?
Basic life saving & first aid techniques in addition to relevant regulations and how they apply to the workplace.
- Aims and principles of first aid.
- What to do in an emergency.
- Hazards in the school environment.
- Primary & secondary casualty assessment.
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR
- Care of the unconsciousness casualty.
- Asphyxia - care of a choking casualty.
- Resuscitation as appropriate to age group of those at school.
- Wounds and bleeding.
- Assessment and treatment of fractures (basic).
- Assessment and treatment of burns and scalds.
- Use of dressings and bandages.
- Maintaining first aid kits & Maintaining accident records.
- Client specific areas such as Epilepsy, Anaphylaxis and Diabetes can be included if required (time permitting).
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Give emergency First Aid to an injured person at school until medical assistance arrives.
- Recognise and appropriately treat most emergency situations.
- Carry out the duties of an “Emergency First Aider” as specified within the First Aid Regulations.
Ongoing assessment will take place throughout the course. Successful completion of the course qualifies the holder to act as an “Emergency First Aider at Work”. The certificate is valid for three years from the date of issue.
|Per Delegate||£85.00+vat||Costs are per delegate and include a personal reference manual & certification fees.
Small groups of delegates are considerably more cost effective. We will aim to beat any like for like quotation. Contact us now!
|6 - 8 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation|
|9 - 12 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation|
|13 - 16 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation|
|1 to 1 Tuition||£170.00+vat|
Annual Skills Update Training is recommended by the HSE every 12 months for all that are qualified in first aid in order so that they remain competent throughout the validity of their qualification. This is to prevent skills fade. This is addition to their original course of training.
Click To Return to List of Courses