This course will teach you basic first aid skills. You will learn to identify and treat a variety of injuries that may occur to yourself or others.
Who should attend?
This course is for members of the public and others who would like to learn a little about basic first aid. The training includes Basic Life Support in addition to other topics. This course, although not an official workplace qualification, is also sometimes useful to meet the demands of the exercise industry and the first aid requirements for the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS). Therefore sports and exercise instructors who require a basic level of knowledge in first aid, while awaiting other trained personnel, may find this course beneficial.
Basic First Aid can also be tailored for the younger audience to include schools, scouts, guides and other organisations. Please note this is not an official workplace First Aid qualification and does not meet the requirements under the First Aid at Work Regulations 1981.
Please see "Emergency First Aid at Work" or "First Aid at Work" if you require a First Aid qualification.
What you will learn?
The course will equip you with the knowledge to handle a variety of injuries.
- Aims and priorities of first aid.
- Controlling an incident and summoning emergency services.
- Basic Resuscitation skills.
- Treatment of the unconscious casualty.
- Treatment bleeding and burns
- Treatment of sudden collapse.
- Open forum – any other conditions as required by the client.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Give emergency resuscitation to an Adult casualty until medical assistance arrives.
- Deal with an adult casualty that is unconscious or bleeding.
- Deal with a casualty with a suspected Heart Attack.
- Treat a casualty who has suffered a burn or basic injury
Ongoing support will take place throughout the course by the trainer. There is no formal assessment required. Having completed the course the student will be awarded a First Aid attendance certificate endorsed by First Class First Aid. This certificate does not constitute a First Aid qualification.
|Per Delegate||£40.00+vat||Costs are per delegate and include a personal reference manual & certification fees.|
|6 - 8 Delegates||£37.50+vat|
|9 - 12 Delegates||£35.00+vat|
|13 - 16 Delegates||£32.50+vat|
|1 to 1 Tuition||£120.00+vat|